Biomass Plant Engineer
We are looking for highly motivated and hardworking individuals to join our team as Plant Engineers. As this is an expanding area of the business, we are looking for a number of engineers to fulfill various job roles.
The role will be to manage the day to day operation and maintenance of a biomass system, ensuring that equipment is working to its full capacity. The successful candidates may be required to travel off site to work at other plant locations.
The key responsibilities are:
– Managing and maintaining the upkeep of the boiler and other machinery.
– Relevant documentation to be kept up to date regarding cleaning the machines, maintenance records and site safety.
– Recording relevant data for heat production and electric production.
– Recording stock levels of fuel
– Day to day running of the plant.
– Good housekeeping- keeping the work environment clean and tidy
– Comply with all health & safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate PPE when required.
– Servicing boilers on and off site, producing reports for clients and maintaining a service schedule.
– Helping with installations
– Ability to travel abroad for training and to learn new and up to date technologies
– Duties will also include anything else that may be required by the management team.
– Multi-skilled engineer with recognised mechanical, electrical qualification, or plumbing.
– Experience in operating Scada systems.
– Panel wiring.
– An understanding of heating systems and associated pumps, valves, safety requirements.
– Experience of biomass systems and combustion controls is a distinct advantage.
– Electrical fault finding to board/component level.
– Mechanical fault finding and repair.
– Basic plumbing/pipe fitting (fitting minor components such as gauges, sensor pockets, valve body, safety valves).
– IT skills – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
– Good organisational skills.
– Good communication skills.
– Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude.
– Experience in using a fixed mast forklift and a tele-handler is not essential but would be beneficial.
-BOAS training advantageous but not essential as full training will be given to the right candidates.
If this role is of interest, please submit a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org