We are seeking a Workshop Mechanic to be responsible for the maintenance of all the vehicles and plant machinery and if applicable helping with machinery off site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Vehicle servicing of all HGVs and plant machinery.
- Fault Finding.
- Record keeping and documenting repairs.
- Ordering of spare parts and maintaining stock levels of spare parts.
- Liaising with suppliers to get the best price for parts.
- Comply with health & safety practices as set out in the company health & safety policy.
- Carry out vehicle repairs – to include mechanical and ancillary equipment, hydraulics, chassis and bodywork, ensuring that the repairs undertaken are carried out efficiently and cost effectively.
- MOT Preparation.
- Willing to travel on occasion to customer sites and willing to work overtime
- Good customer service ethos with a presentable and professional image
- Completion of all relevant paperwork ensuring that all work is compliant.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Ideally you will have served an apprenticeship and have a relevant qualification (NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Mechanics)
- At least 12 month’s workshop experience in heavy commercial/plant equipment.
- Class 1 licence advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to diagnose problems.
- Possess sound knowledge of HGVs and trailers.
- Good organisational skills and time keeping.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi task.
- Good initiative to resolve issues quickly on site.
- A MIG, ARC welding, and Oxy Acetylene certificate would be advantageous but not essential as would an MOT accreditation.
Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com